Monday 21 May 2012

losing husband to cancer


I thought we would be together for ever but all the changed when you had Colon Cancer in late  2009 you had a operation to remove the cancer then followed by chemo every other week which made you very ill you were always in hospital after your chemo session then in then 2 months later year you were very poorly your liver blood results were not good and were given an ultra scan but the doctors could not see a lot so you had a ct scan end of of that month we were due to go hospital in the February for the results but you were rushed in on a few days before in February were the local registrar told me you had cancer of the liver and the lining of the stomach and that you were dying you asked me what he said and I told you that was hard later the doctor told me to get our son to the hospital as they thought you were going to dye that night of a heartache the look on our sons face was horrible he could not stop crying when he saw you we stayed till late with our close friends we left late that night and came back in the morning to speak to your oncologist she could not believe the results of the ct scan.
I was also told by the MC millians nurses that did you have a will we did not a friend phoned solicitors not far from hospital to come and see you to make the will you could not talk well as you were on a lot of medication but you were able to sign the will can not believe this was happening to you our son and I visited you all hours as you slept a lot you even had some trifle I brought in at 2.00 in the morning.By Tuesday I decided I wanted you at home the mc millians arranged every thing for us and you came home Wednesday of February  at 4pm you were so happy to be home we had a hospital bed in the living room carers coming in and out all day they were great and you also had a night carer in at 10pm till 8.am so I could get some rest and to make sure someone was with you all the time I was so happy to have you home but by Sunday morning in February things changed the night carer said you had a bad night I called doctor out as you were waving your arms every were and you would not respond to me when doctor came he knew you were in real pain and as well as your key drive medication he gave you a big dose of morphine and a relaxer after that you stayed asleep all day close friends came later that day but by 8.pm your breathing changed and by 9.28pm you took your last breath with my son and me and two close friends by your side you died at 9.30 pm that night I had lost you for ever as my husband father best friend and soul mate my heart was broken and could never be fixed

No comments:

Post a Comment